Generally, field asset tracking and service management facilitate asset tracking and field service management through adaptable, feature-rich, and vital technology and development.
What is field service asset management software?
Field asset tracking is tracking of the assets that a company owns by physically finding it and verifying it. This software brings together a range of involuntary tools in a single, competent module. Regulating the assets to contracts and allocating resources that include tracking of the field workforce of the entire organization by managing regulatory reporting, time/billing invoicing tools, and inventory management.
- Asset tracking helps you regulate the asset movement from one place to another.
- It helps in balancing the companies or an organization’s Net Book Value (NBV) in their fixed asset register by finding the asset with depreciation value.
- It acts as a key in resolving the field service issues and thus developing the service businesses.
- Incorporating productivity along with client equipment asset tracking, staffing, mobile field service, maintenance planning, and other contract expansions are some of the highlights.
- Possible integration of software with ERP (enterprise resource planning) solutions in the backend to offer a powerful boost in the service business.
Features of field asset service and management include
- Active tracking of assets.
- Activities automation of regular business from quotes and invoice preparation to client communication.
- Contract management of entire asset contracts.
- Audit trail includes tracking assets lifecycle and allows the user to access details like location, time, and date of use of the software.
- Individualized invoices and reports creating comprehensive service reports promptly on site.
- Information like parts availability, process checklists, and customer history can be accessed through online and offline mode by GPS tracking and mapping features.
The key benefits of field asset service and management are
- With continuous mobile experiences, the team gets real-time updates from the field.
- With drag and drop automatic tools, numerous works can be assigned simultaneously thus providing transparent scheduling of works with improved connectivity and information availability.
- Customers are enabled with self-service or fix a field service assistance avoiding long waiting times.
- Supports multi-warehouse and multi-costing supervision and the ability to reorder and monitor stocks.
- Synchronize field service processes and skill management by optimizing and accelerating service execution.
- Smart and advanced analytics like loT and machine learning offers proactive operational efficiency.
Pain area of clients
Field service management involves multiple levels of coordination. By adopting new technology, mechanical and administrative traits of field service management, companies need beneficial techniques to fulfill customer needs, balance the workforce, and stay productive.
Every business tries to fit in the field of work by giving their best to hit the targets and achieve the result in all directions. Involving in such works include strategic decision making based on accurate data provided. Regardless of industry,
field service organizations face many problems and challenges as mentioned below.
Schedule Observance: Customers expect the work they pay for to be done within the given period and the company counts on it over their employees to fulfill these expectations. It implies that the field workers should maintain their assigned schedules, even while away from the office. With the software enhancement, it’s helpful to know the technician’s real-time location, performance, and adherence to the jobs assigned. By tracking the workforce, it is easy to allocate the work orders faster and manage the task distribution daily.
With the help of a field service management solution, a mobile workforce can lead to a 47% increase in the rate of jobs achieved each day and a 77% reduction in overtime.
First-time Fix Rate: While maintaining a balance between quality of service and number of employees every field service manager makes a profit for the business according to the budget directives. Underused resources can quickly compromise the bottom line when it comes to a larger business with more employees. SMBs maintain a close look at the performance even while operating with a smaller team.
The average fix-time fix rate for a company is around 77% and that includes 23% of service calls meaning that the technicians have to do at least one follow-up visit and the visit could affect costs, asset availability, and sometimes response time too.
Safety and Responsibility: With the increase in business management by providing clients the quality service, there is a steady growth in the company’s reputation and available resources which concerns the safety and liability of workers attending hazardous locations. Constant contact with the workers is a must. Field service segment jobs involve a degree of risk.
The solution is to provide a “check-in” feature for lone workers.
Communication with customers: Customers generally prefer to be in a hitch about their service calls. Staying in touch enhances the mechanism of extending visibility to the customer. Customer relationship management strategies adopted by any company or organization have a huge impact on the success of the business and the field service is not an exception. Retaining and gaining new clients is maintained by equal consideration and at times negative feedback on social media and review sites brings a major lapse or difficulty for the company. The solution comprises a branded customer-facing app with a self-service outlet to reduce the number of calls and boost customer dignity and respect.
Performance Management: Filing and providing accurate analytics to compare the performance against goals and making decisions to move the business forward may enhance the betterment of the company but only to a certain extent. Manual methods like spreadsheets, paper documents, and calculators help only when a mountain of manual data entry and study is needed.
Dashboard and reporting modules in the field service apps help decision-makers monitor trends and performance without adding hours of labor to the fixed full schedule. Plug and play reports play a vital role in assessing product demand and regulate the growth of the customer base. By conducting field service analytics there is an 18% increase in profit and a 44% increase in SLA adherence according to a recent study.
How do field asset tracking and service management software work?
Field asset tracking and service management software are essential in helping modern companies process job orders, dispatch technicians, obtain or receive payment in the field, and others. With field asset tracking and service management software the company delivers effective onsite service by tracking requests, managing employees, and maintaining visibility.
Widespread features of the field service management include
- Work order management
- Stock management
- Organizing and recording
- Fleet tracking
- Documenting and analytics
With these features, there is an increase in coordination between the home office, warehouse, and field technicians, while saving the company time and money in speeding commerce.
With disorganized communications, over-scheduled resources, and under-skilled or amateurish technicians field service management companies fall at drawbacks. With the proper approach to the issues, the overall market, and outlines could be beneficial to the company. In other words, field asset tracking and service management software combine or integrate numerous functions into one unified or compressed solution that helps schedule and track field operations.
Detailed document management, automated customer appointment suggestions, investment supervision, and CRM (customer relationship management) tools are included in progressive policies. Some FSM solutions furnish deep skills for a single function like dispatch and a few others offer generalized traits.
One of the ample trends driven by FSM software is the move from reactive to preventative outlay empowered by software analytic capabilities and expansion of data from connected devices and loT products. Using such devices, the company can collect feedback about the machine’s working systems.
Work order management communicates or enhances job details, and invoicing between technicians, office hireling, and clients, and with manuscript filing systems some are mostly questionable. Without proper filings and recordings work, the order might stack up or get lost or left unfulfilled or disgruntled.
Scheduling and transmission, route quest, and vehicle maintenance of field service companies often run a line of vehicles to ensure the on-time delivery of service. The majority of the FSM software is built for teams that spend time outside of the main office, depository, or manufacturing plant.
Individuals need access to the entire customer profile and job history to understand job status and direct communication and visibility into scheduling features which includes
- CRM (customer relationship management) module
- Helpdesk module
- Email integration
- Automated scheduling
Advantages of Zed Axis’s Field Asset Tracking System
- Advantages of Zed Axis field service asset management software involves software for companies to manage and interact with their field workforce who are working in the field.
- The task entails the complete care of workflows by rectifying dispatch issues, facilitating paperwork, matching technicians’ talents to the task requirements, and monitoring power intake by tailing expanded paths or routes.
- The software allows organizations to retain and regulate all their assets that are contracted or owned.
- Contracts, service history, assurances, user labels and tags, strategy and policy performance, location, and other details are stored and supervised with the application management.
- Customer experience and employee productivity are improved.
- Ameliorate the challenging tasks that disturb the workflow and create regular or routine mistakes.
- Facilitates or stimulates the capability to cash cycle, enhance customer services, facilitate duplicate data entry, and expand office communication.
- The software transforms or redirects incoming calls to job orders, reduces time to determination or conclusion, and gives or demands mobile field service in a single comprehensive system.
- Maintains an identification system for assets and secures the controlled items specified for identification and inventory purposes.